Future Tumbler Build Planning, Prep and Follow Thru...
Batmobile Forum
 Batmobile Home          Batmobile Builders     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««1234»»

Future Tumbler Build Planning, Prep and... Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 10/19/2018 4:24:01 AM
Then getting down to what I have to work with...

Pic 1 - Just what it looks like all assembled.
Pic 2 - Right Side Controls
Pic 3 - Left Side Controls

Now I know that the right side controls wont actually be used for what they were originally intended for, but im hoping that I can find some use for them as the build goes on and possibly get custom labels or switches made for them.

As for the left side controls: Im keeping the push start button as is and the plan is to get A/C in the cab as well and will then try and integrate it to this control unit. and also try find use of the far left buttons.
So in short i would like it to look as 'factory' fit / fully functional as a daily car would be as part of the plan is to get it as comfortable / user friendly as I can. For me at least...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***Passion and Creativity is what sets us Apart...***

Post Attachments 
20180627_155344.jpg (9 views, 1.85 MB)
20180627_160513.jpg (7 views, 1.52 MB)
20180627_160518.jpg (6 views, 1.55 MB)
Post #161027
Posted 10/4/2018 6:33:03 PM
Has NO LIFE!!

Has NO LIFE!!Has NO LIFE!!Has NO LIFE!!Has NO LIFE!!Has NO LIFE!!Has NO LIFE!!Has NO LIFE!!Has NO LIFE!!

Last Login: Today @ 6:51:55 PM
hey War Machine,
Sound like progress.
What do you hope to complete on your build by the end of 2018? vertigo
Post #161029
Posted 10/5/2018 8:19:34 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

vertigo (10/4/2018)
hey War Machine,
Sound like progress.
What do you hope to complete on your build by the end of 2018? vertigo

Hey Vertigo.
Progress indeed but still a lot to do in the prep stages...
Have a few more updates to load.

My aim for end of 2018 would be:
* Get the donor car stripped and parts packed away
* Get my shed in the back yard sorted out - Remove and sort thru all the stuff, And make shelving so that I can store things properly till I need them
* Get my garage finished and new units built so that I can pack all my tools and things away - looks like chaos at the moment
* And possibly start sorting out my other storage unit.
* Get my area behind the garage finished for all my dirty work so I don't cram my garage too much.

Then Im busy sorting thru all my stuff in the garage that I had stored for my other project car (No longer doing due to the Tumbler) so will see what is all there that I can use and get rid of the rest

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post #161030
Posted 10/5/2018 8:27:41 AM

Ok so small updates are better than no updates...

Continued stripping the donor car...

Removed the front seats
Removed the steering wheel and cluster
Then I decided to remove the dash and keep it for the project too.
No I know it wont be a straight fit in the tumbler but my thinking is that I can cut / trim off from the sides or front as needed OR extend and build it up with fiberglass if needed. And the other reason is that the clusters and steering column all attach to it and would make life easier for the installation side of things.
BUT...
This is the plan and will only be able to see if it would work once I get there but have it available now so will be keeping it.

Post Attachments 
20180627_161825.jpg (6 views, 1.82 MB)
20180829_152125.jpg (5 views, 1.87 MB)
Post #161031
Posted 10/5/2018 10:02:39 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:46:08 PM
It feels great when you make good progress like this doesn't it. Yo are moving along quite nicely.
Post #161032
Posted 10/5/2018 10:47:09 AM

slysnake (10/5/2018)
It feels great when you make good progress like this doesn't it. Yo are moving along quite nicely.

Hey Sly.

Yes indeed it does and I have to control myself...
Ive found myself working during the day at work, then coming home and spending and hour or two with the family and they I will spend between 4 and 8 hours outside working, with only 3 hours sleep then repeat...
So now my wife sets alarms to call me in around 2 am...

Post #161033
Posted 10/5/2018 10:48:49 AM

Reality Check 101...

Ok guys so this is just a small brief of me getting back to reality...
Now what I mean by this is that in all of this excitement to get started I lost myself a bit in the process...
Now you might be thinking that Ive either just lost you or you possibly know what Im talking about.

So similar to most guys that would put in about 3 hours of research per hour of build time, Im doing something similar, except I haven't started building yet, and this is where it started...
I was so lost in searching for parts and things I need for the build that I lost a bit of focus on where I am, and this hit me last week when I was browsing eBay and realized that I had just over 300 'tabs' open...
Yes Yes i know...
So I stopped everything and took a few days to get myself sorted out and set with some sort of structure / method / plan to work from.

So in short i made myself a spider diagram for the project.
I started with the main one (one page) with the basic area's / things that needed doing.
I then broke each one down again (separate page per heading) with what i could think of on a high level basis.
* I used separate pages so I can concentrate on one at a time or only those needed at each stage.
(stages would be: Frame, front end, rear end, interior, engine, controls and so forth)
* I did not include the finer details here yet as I first need to see what all I have from the previous project that is usable before I conclude the list.

I then proceeded to make myself a few pages with 2 columns as a basic setup for me to make notes on as i go or think of something / ideas.
* I have a few copies with me at work and then the master copy (all combined) at home, so once I have made notes or comments thru the day I can either add it to my master copy or scrap it.

On the master copy I have about 2 pages of things that I also need to look into as the project progresses and as needed.
For example:
* Wiring plugs and terminals with heat shrink
* Fuse box and cut off switch
* Braided hose with AN fittings and clamps to secure
* Additional rocker switches that will be needed to operate / control things that the oem donor car units cant
etc etc, you get the point...

Now at the same time Ive made myself a Excel workbook with different sheets for various things.
These will include:
* Costs during the build - But 2 separate sheets. (One for the actual project, and the other for additional things that I needed to do to be able to build the Tumbler)
- So this would include things like: Timber for shelving in the shed, Extra lights in the garage and so forth.
- This is just for me to see what the actual project cost and what other costs I had to endure to get it done.

Ive also made a file to keep any and all invoices and records of things for the build, just makes organization better and easier.
And then i glue all my receipts to colored paper and file...
I will use diff colors for diff things.

Post Attachments 
20181005_194748.jpg (6 views, 1.57 MB)
20181005_194737.jpg (4 views, 2.02 MB)
Post #161034
Posted 10/5/2018 8:17:19 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:46:08 PM
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. You seem to be super organized and that will help a lot. We really have to resist getting ahead of ourselves. I've found that out the hard way. It's very tempting sometimes to make some part only to find out it's the wrong size and then have to start over. That kind of thing is a big waste of time and money.
Post #161035
Posted 10/12/2018 7:23:05 PM

slysnake (10/5/2018)
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. You seem to be super organized and that will help a lot. We really have to resist getting ahead of ourselves. I've found that out the hard way. It's very tempting sometimes to make some part only to find out it's the wrong size and then have to start over. That kind of thing is a big waste of time and money.

Thanks Sly.

Yeah I have too much stuff and too many projects and things to clear out...
Indeed it is a waste of time and money, and Im just trying to get everything cleared out without loosing anything that I need or could use on the Tumbler...

Like most things in life, If you plan properly, you have half the work done...
Well not quiet with the Tumbler but you know, never hurt anybody to be prepared.

Post #161070
Posted 10/12/2018 7:37:13 PM

Ok so another small update...

Got the last of the parts / items stripped out of the donor car and now I have everything lying around on the lawn...
So need to get that sorted out soon...
Then it was time to sell the rest of the car, or what was left of it...

Post Attachments 
20181007_114506.jpg (3 views, 1.96 MB)
20181007_174823.jpg (4 views, 3.02 MB)
20181007_173637.jpg (5 views, 2.51 MB)
Post #161071
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««1234»»

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:02pm

Execution: 0.234. 11 queries. Compression Disabled.

Batman (1989 Version)

CLTC Club Shirts

1989 Batmobile Kit 1989 Batmobile Kits
1989 Batmobile Builders Batmobile Kit
Batmobile Kits 1989 Batmobile Builder

Batman and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and DC Comics and WB.
Use of anything related to "Batman" on this site is not to infringe upon the copyrights of DC Comics or WB.
The purpose of chickslovethecar.com is to foster positive discussion about one of the greatest vehicles of all time.
This site does not sell or build any related cars or kits. © 2004-2012 chickslovethecar.com "Chicks Love The Car"
Images linked courtey of cltc.co.

You can contact us by clicking here.